March 9, 2016

BREAKFAST - QUICK & HEALTHY


We don't always have time to sit down and have a big breakfast. That doesn't mean we can't have something that is jam packed with goodness. One thing I have learned recently is how important it is to try and sit down and enjoy the moment in the mornings. The days get so hectic it's important to set yourself up for success as soon as you get up. Now I understand some folks have different schedules and morning for them is really evening and this still works. The point is to sit down, enjoy your breakfast. After all, breakfast is not something specific to mornings. You are BREAKING the FAST. Whether you do that in the morning or night doesn't matter.

This is totally adjustable to what suits you. I have been trying different ways to get flavor with my breakfast. I am very much a eggs and toast kind of gal, but it can get boring after awhile. So this created a party in my mouth and perked up my morning.

Ingredients:

2 whole eggs (egg whites is also great!)
2 slices of bread (the recipe for the bread I made coming soon)
1 glove of garlic (adjust to your taste. You can never have too much garlic!)
Handful of spinach

Salt and Pepper to taste
Butter (optional)


Now I don't fry my eggs in a traditional way. This is where the healthier methods come into play. Take a couple tablespoons of water and add to a hot pan. Immediately crack your eggs into the pan. Cover with a lid or foil. It's up to you. Let that cook. It goes pretty quickly so check it often. While that is going, toast your bread. Or don't, this is your breakfast after all. Be a rebel, do what you want.

If you'd like you can add a little butter to your toast. Once the eggs are done, put them to the side and pour out any excess water in the pan. Chop or slice up your garlic and put into the pain with a little salt and pepper. This is optional. The garlic is so flavorful you don't need to, I happen to like it. Once the garlic as heated up add your spinach. Now don't walk away this heats super fast. Once done, top your bread with the spinach and garlic mixture. Add your eggs to the side and topped with a little salt and pepper. Voila! It's done. I like to cut off some of the egg white and top the bread with the yolk. I eat the remaining afterwards.


See quick and simple. Maybe 10mins to make. 2mins to eat. Super simple, flavorful and healthy!
Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...