October 15, 2009

European Children Better Protected than US Children: An Outrage


Did you know that Kraft Macaroni and Cheese is formulated differently in Europe than that in the U.S.? This fact recently surfaced while I was doing an investigative search, I was livid!
I’ve been teaching, lecturing, and reporting about the dangers of food additives for over 15 years, and to think that other countries have been successful in forcing manufacturers to remove harmful ingredients, and in the U.S. we haven’t been, is mind-boggling.
In 2008, Kraft removed artificial colorings, like yellow#5 and chemical sweeteners like aspartame, from the products they distribute in Europe, Australia, and other developed countries. This occurred due to consumer concern over the scientific link of these synthetic ingredients to hyperactivity and asthma in children, and a myriad of other health disorders too numerous to mention in this context – why hasn’t the U.S. done the same?...{continued here}

Please Sign Campaign Here: MomsRising.org

Blessed Be, LadySilverOak

4 comments :

  1. extremely interesting... thanks so much for bringing it to our attention... already went and signed the petition...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the form letters they send back when you do these things... I sent mine out several weeks ago (and had forgotten about it) and got a canned response saying, "all our products are safe and the same..."
    Uh huh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Riiight.

    I found it very interesting as well Mother Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The United States is one of the worst about stuff like this. Other countries ban dangerous chemicals and dyes, but we keep happily giving them to our citizens.

    It makes me think they want us to get sick so we spend more money on pharmaceuticals. I swear, it makes me wonder sometimes.

    I've researched this type of thing so much because preservatives and dyes are targeted in ADHD and some autistic kids as problematic.

    It makes me so angry.

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...